Our market leading, multi-national client based in Filton is currently looking to recruit a Senior Project Planner to join their team on a Permanent basis. The successful Project Planner will be working with the management team on the introduction of Mode 5 IFF capability across various platforms.
The programme will take the Mode 5 IFF installation designs through formal design review cycles and Test, Evaluation and Acceptance activities to achieve Release to Service from the UK MOD Platform Pts. They will also be involved in the follow-on embodiment activities to meet the required Initial Operating Capability (IOC) and Full Operating Capability (FOC) targets for the platforms.
The Project Planner will be responsible for practical programme planning of several Platform project schedules in Microsoft Project, supporting the IPT Project Manager in managing and understanding changes, progress, risks and opportunities, as well as being responsible for maintaining the IPT risk register, Issues log, Action tracker and KPIs, to provide the IPT leader with information to update the monthly report.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Working for and as part of the IPT to identify, interrogate, analyse and control cost and schedule variance, risk and opportunity.
* Management and accurate maintenance of detailed Microsoft Project Schedules for the IPT, ensuring timely updates and communication to all IPT members
* Ensure plans are integrated into overall Programme requirement, with dependencies identified through scenario planning, as well as having knowledge and involvement in project risk management
* Prepare & analyse data required to support the Project Manager in performance measurement reviews (Earned Value, Critical Path).
* Preparation of Project Performance Review packs for the IPT in support of the IPT Project Manager
* Resource planning and management in conjunction with the Mode 5 Project Control team
* Adherence to planning standards and methodology within the Mode 5 Programme level integrated project plan
Skills, Qualifications & Knowledge Required
* Substantial project planning experience with Microsoft Project planning tool
* Understanding of critical path & network planning
* Familiar with some aspects of project management
* Able to work effectively as part of a team, within a matrix environment
* Good grasp of Risk and Earned Value Management
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Good organisational skills, proven through ability to plan and prioritise
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Good personal, Interpersonal, organisational and time management skills
* Understand the LCM/Product Life cycle and Business Winning Process
* Ability to forecast and control schedule and cost.
* Good all-round computer literacy, including all Microsoft Office applications.
* Understands company cost systems & performance measures for project, overheads & capital costs
* Knowledge of manufacturing and Procurement environments.
* Working within a matrix structure with the IPT and Project Control Office
* Some travel to other Business and Subcontractor sites.