Our well-established, market leading client based in Southampton is looking for a Process Engineer, on a permanent basis to join the growing Production Engineering group. The successful candidate will carry out production support and improvement activities and will be able to demonstrate good technical knowledge and a practical "hands-on skill set" along with core engineering skills including data analysis, problem solving and continuous improvement.
Key Responsibility Areas
* Solve day to day manufacturing problems and resolve production stops in a timely manner.
* Update documentation and train manufacturing staff in new techniques.
* Define and carry out routine preventive maintenance tasks, and ensure a safe working environment and safe, environmentally sound, processes.
* Monitor performance of manufacturing cells by using production data such as yield, cycle time, touch time and process capability metrics and use that data to target improvement activity.
* Report and communicate to all levels of the organisation in an appropriate manner.
* Identify, plan and implement innovative process improvements using a data based approach to justify changes.
* Improve the efficiency of manufacturing cells by utilising lean manufacturing and six sigma techniques.
* Ensure work complies with the Quality Management System, and regulatory and legal
Skills, Qualifications and Knowledge
* Good "hands on" engineer with experience of manufacturing mechanical, electronic or electromechanical assemblies (probably from micro-electronics, optical packaging, medical, automotive or defence industries).
* Technical background - degree / HNC /NVQ level 3 or higher in an Engineering related subject or equivalent relevant experience.
* Lean manufacturing and six-sigma techniques, DFMEA, SPC, failure analysis, root cause analysis.
* Good skills with Microsoft Office, familiar with ERP system such as SAP.
* Adaptable and comfortable in a dynamic and changing environment.
* Production environment with tight time constraints.
* Clean room based work, with some time working in an office environment.